Wednesday 28 December 2011

A Review of 2011

2011 was definitely a busy time for me photography wise.
There were the numerous monthly photo challenges both here in blogland and on facebook which have often made me think outside the box but which have also made me realise the beauty that you can find in your own back garden!


2011 was also the year that I took the plunge and joined the local camera club
This has been both informative, with talks from professional wildlife photographers to local wildlife trust rangers, and competitive, seeing me enter and win some of my first photography competitions.


In 2011 I photographed my first (professional sounds too, well, professional so lets say official) wedding/christening which proved to be exhilarating and nerve-wracking all at the same time. 
Did I enjoy it? - Yes
Would I do it again - yes absolutely!!!


This leads onto my next big thing of 2011, having photographed the wedding/christening it made me realise how much easier it would have been if I had two cameras This set me thinking to saving a bit of money each month to buy another camera in the future - little did I know that Paul had other plans and in September I became the proud owner of a Nikon D200, complete with flashgun and a prime lens.
I'm still getting to grips with having two cameras and tend to grab my D40x as it feels more familiar but I'm hoping that 2012 will see me take a leap into the unknown territory that is the D200!!

Well I think that about wraps up 2011 I know that there has been very little blogging going on on here in the past few months but I would like that to change for 2012 with regular updates from camera club, showing more of my photographs and the techniques used and also pointing you in the direction of any photographers that catch my eye.

Finally I just wanted to say thank you to those of you that read my ramblings and to wish you all a very happy new year.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

a very happy new year to you to. love your pictures.

joy said...

Happy New Year, Tracy, looking forward to seeing lots of your photography in 2012, also looking forward to popping in for a cuppa when I pass through Essex sometime in the spring,
Joy x x

Gem said...

Lets hope 2012 will be an even better year for you :) James popped the big question to me Christmas day so you never know you could be doing the photos for me at my wedding, although this would be in a couple of years yet and I'd pay you of course he hee x x x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...